Thursday 3 June 2010

Isle of Wight beckons again

Greetings from the Isle of Wight where we are spending the half-term week. Until I get a chance to write again, here's my previous post about visiting the Isle of Wight...

"....We've visited during the last two May-half term weeks. For those who don't know it is a little, very little, island off the south coast of England, kind of opposite Portsmouth, Hampshire. It is known for - how can I put this - being a little England stuck in the past, somewhere in the 1950s mostly. All deck chairs, ice-creams and ladies in hats. But many mainland families are attracted there because of its beaches, its holiday feel and its places to visit. So I set off for my next 'cross-cultural' experience of holidaying like the English....." Click to read the rest.

No comments: